Test

Friday, November 5, 2010

Sesame Street: The I Love My Hair Video


I cannot say enough about how much I LOVE this video. I don't care about who produced it as much as I care about the positive message it projects. But the fact that Sesame Street brought it to me, is even better. I'm a child of the 70s and grew up on the teachings of Sesame Street. The I Love My Hair video means so much to me because in 2010, I wear my hair natural and it's ok. It is not a political statement; it is not my trying to be defiant against "The Man". I choose to wear my hair without chemical processes. For those who choose to wear relaxed hair, that is their choice too. I do not judge because I have worn relaxed hair in the past, for years and years. But at this point in my life, I don't think I ever will again.

As with all of programming hours of Sesame Street that I watched as a kid, I am happy to still enjoy Sesame Street at 41!

Followers

Subscribe Now: YouTube Hair Videos

The Oprah Effect