Test

Friday, July 10, 2009

Indulgence

This has been a rough few weeks for me. Since watching The Secret, I try to avoid the news. Of course, I find out what I need to know and my life has been great. But who could avoid the media hoopla around the deaths of Richard Carradine, Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson, Billy Mays and my beloved quarterback and Alcorn State Alum, Steve McNair. I'm sure that I did not list them all but you get the picture. Mind boggling. And I've been glued to the boob tube watching the news. What's a girl to do to escape? Shop!

Today, I wanted to break out of the funk by indulging in retail therapy. Instead of buying clothes or even a new car ( I did that last December) I bought some hair products.

My fashionista who is also natural, had a banging twistout and I had to know what she used. I could not find the Design Essentials 2n1 or the Paul Mitchell Foaming Hair Pomade but I did find the IC Silky Gel Activator Moisturizer--along with a slew of other things! I did a sample twist with the activator and it was gorgeous. I'm going to give the line a trying after a fresh shampoo and conditioner and see what happens. I love IC Fantasia products so I picked up shampoo and conditioner. Walgreens had the IC Fantasia gel 2/$7! This should last another 6 months or more. But I have more hair now so I am not sure. But 6 months seems like a good projection.

I'd been seeing the Taliah Waajid in Fotki albums and when I saw it in the beauty supply store, I took a whiff, and it was very delightful. Compared to money I've spent on Kinky Curly Curling Custard and Miss Jessie's with moderate to "oh hell no" results, I couldn't pass up the $6.99 sticker price. The ingredients were good too. We'll see.

Followers

Subscribe Now: YouTube Hair Videos

The Oprah Effect